Raw Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Pesto – Recipe
For the pasta –
- 2-3 zucchinis
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- Extra Basil for garnish
Directions – use a julienne peeler to turn zucchini into noodle-like strips, put zucchini noodles in a bowl with water and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit for about half an hour so the water can be drained.
For the pesto –
- 1 cup of basil
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbl spoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbl spoons pine nuts, 2 tbl spoons almonds
- 4 cloves of garlic
- A sprinkle of Himalayan Sea Salt
Directions – Combine all ingredients (make sure you peel the garlic first) in a blender. Blend until smooth and mix in with your pasta, and you’re done!